View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #37
warrpath4x4

Re: starting them young 1972 K5

it has been sooooo long since posted on this and about that long since i have done anything with it. we moved again from Elko in July of 2016 and transferred with work again to Yakima Washington to be closer to the grandparents.

bought some land with a house (no shop), used the blazer around the place here and there but basically it has sat for 2-3 years. last fall it wouldn't crank, i messed with it a bit but just ended up towing it out of the field where it was sitting and put it into its parking spot.

3 weeks later the wife walks by it at night, "why is there a light on in there?". the wiring is so hacked, the tach light was on all by itself so i disconnected the battery and it has sat.

plan was to just pull the 350 and drop in a fuel injected 5.3L but who knows when that will be so lately i have been looking at it and wanting to drive it.... and the kid keeps asking to drive it. so i am going to just strip all the engine wiring and rewire it. its still going to take me a month or so because i have 0 time to do it.

just basically wanted to say i still have it and it has not been sold or stripped.