View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #7
Coley

Re: Consigning a vehicle

There are ways to advertise it and sell it yourself and still limit the CL-losers that Dave identifies...because they are out there.

First, assert that they have to call you on (.....wait for it)....the phone....no text messages, etc,....assert and control this in the ad.
That will immediately drop off a big portion of the flakes who live in the 'text only' world....noting that most people who use that to communicate are in all likelihood, not a serious buyer.

Anyone looking to spend more than $5000 on a vehicle (depending on what your asking) will pick up the phone and call....I know I would as would most guys here.
Old school is increasingly Real school these days.

Quick selling tips:
If they make an appointment tell them to call if they are going to be late or if they can't make it....very simple.
Tell them you may have an appointment around that time so its best they try to stick to the agreed upon time. (give or take a few minutes of course)
If they are more than 20 minutes late, without giving you notice....go take the truck out for a drive and a coffee and relax.
I've had excellent success in asserting the above on potential buyers...and thus have limited my 'flake' factor in selling things.

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote