View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 10:23 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: Consigning a vehicle

I apologize to all for this distraction. I could ignore but I promise this is it for me. I don't require people to agree with my views and realize there will always be two sides to every fence. I tried offering a short post expressing my feelings on this matter, then was quoted by someone not comfortable with others having a different view... apparently

Dave, I can agree to disagree. I feel there is no need for help selling old GM Trucks which is based on my own actual experiences. As seen through the posts of others here, there are drawbacks with selling on consignment just as with dealing with the sale yourself. I know I trust myself more than I do someone who wants to make money off of me. And it takes time to deal with arranging a consignment as well. Personally, I'd rather deal with buyers than a salesman.

I'm not here to defame anyone and I know myself well enough to know what issues I have. I only used the words I chose after you said twice that you don't like to talk to strangers, which to me is anti-social. How do you meet new people?

As I said I have made a living through dealing with the general public for 36 years. I respond to requests for my services, present the cost/proposal, execute the work to their various requirements, and collect payment on services that carry no set price, which has given me what I feel is a better more varied experience dealing with the public than ringing up purchases with set prices that the customer has already chosen to buy.

As I promised... Done.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-25-2018 at 08:08 AM. Reason: typo
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote