View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:30 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: Consigning a vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrusk View Post
Thanks for the insite every one. I should have been a little more specific in my question. The truck in mind would be more expensive than what I usually see on Craigslist. These classic car dealers have a large network of people thst see it and also have financing available. The truck in my build thread will give you an idea of the truck. Thanks for the advise.
I agree, I'd never list on Craigslist a vehicle of higher caliber and value. I can't imagine how that could go. Craigslist has it's place for "getting rid of" things for free. It's not that dealers have no place in this, but in my experience I have never had the need for their services. I have sold through classic car publications as well as classic vehicle websites on the inter-network with great success. Heck, in most vehicles I have driven I have had people wanting to buy before deciding to sell wanting me to keep their number, and later sold at my asking price because that person knew they had the first shot and it didn't 'have to' be them who bought it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote