View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 04:15 PM   #142
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Today I posted up a wanted advertisement on two Facebook truck groups and my home page, asking if anyone had a pre-80 Grille to sell for the Blazer as well as an original steering wheel, as I don’t like the one fitted much and would prefer a standard steering wheel.

Within minutes there was a reply from a friend to say he may have one, and that he would go out to his shop to look and get some photos.
Typically. As per these modern inconveniences that are social media, someone else came into the chat thread too, asking if said friend had any other panels to sell, as he needed some for his C10 restoration, and at the same time saying to me that he had a new unused grille still in the box that he was prepared to sell to me plus shipping, It is in Mickleover in Derbyshire so needs to come to Kent, in case anyone is driving down in the next few days and can bring it down South the 175 miles. Otherwise it’s post or courier.

The new in box grille looks like the first one pictured below, with no badges and I will need to make some adjusted mounting brackets for it. It is the design I prefer as well.

These two pictured below, belong to a forum member who sold me the replacement rear light units, and he was going to sell me one, possibly the second one in the photos, once he decided which one he wanted to keep for his K5 till I was offered the new boxed unit.

I have a few emblems to choose from.
The metal one came with the Blazer, but has no fixing clips.

This afternoon I took the Blazer for a nice drive and got some food, gas (I like taking pics at different gas stations, so only put in 16 litres at a time.) and wanted to go take a few photos and see if the trim rings stayed on.

Also drove to the place in Lower Stoke where I originally saw the truck in June of 2016
Sadly I could not take the pic on the driveway again, with the new look truck that is not a Project.

Following that, I drove to the Isle of Grain where I knew of a few lovely places and back drops for photos.
I am starting to like this truck more as it evolves back into something resembling a normal car that I want to own.

And eventually came home the long way around, having driven around for over two hours, just love driving this truck randomly.

Final point to mention, is that the Stainless steel trim rings are all still fixed in position too, and did not fling themselves down the road, overtaking me.

Another good day then.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote