View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 12:07 PM   #36
rowdy11

Re: Lola: My Moon Shot 70 SWB K10

Thanks for the suggestions Stepside and Potter.

I spent time this week back on the LS, mostly cleaning and planning. Transmission is almost ready for paint, lots of work to do on the engine still.

I diverted $$$ to my final rebuild parts for the LS after taking one more look this week. Replacing oil & water pump, timing chain and sprockets, VVT solenoid/actuator, gaskets, alternator, and of course the power steering pump for my hydroboost. Why keep the old power steering pump when the rest of the steering setup will be new? Add all that up with rebuilt and port/polished heads (and the headers) and the engine should be in great shape.

Bought some additional AG 111 for touch up, and engine/trans paint. So far the AG has been even better than I expected. Easy to work with and bullet proof.

Also had a few parts (cab floor/corners) arrive for the cab body work.

I did some additional research on paint this week and I've been thinking about it more because I am at the point of deciding my engine paint scheme, which I want to match with the overall scheme. I realize that the Deluxe two tone 400 series orange/white middle stripe wasn't available officially until 71. So if i paint it up that color, I wont be staying true to a 70 color scheme. But I think it's the best look and still something offered with the 67-72 body style originally. Am I overthinking?

Fell in love this week with the matte black engine look and thinking I may go that route with the engine/accessories (transmission will still be a muted silver). It could look really cool with orange wheel wells.
Attached Images

rowdy11 is offline   Reply With Quote