View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 12:25 PM   #45
rowdy11

Re: Lola: My Moon Shot 70 SWB K10

Hard to communicate in a write up how nerve wracking it was. We measured and re-measured for about 4 hours over a two day period. The band saw cut through the output tail shaft like butter, and it was really easy to clean up with a grinder. The input on the 205 was another matter. We ended up burning through not only two blades but the blade pulley tires as well.

Once all was said and done, it fit perfect, and I've got it bolted up with all new grade 8 hardware. Tests show a rock solid grip. The transfer case ended up only about an inch from the original location, so I'm very excited not to have to drill all new frame holes for the crossmember and transfer case frame brace.

Have the crossmember at the sand blaster today and while I fabricate a connection to my trans mount, we are starting to assemble the engine accessories up front. The advantage of Dirty Dingo engine mounts is they adjust side to side... so I re-centered the engine yesterday and have much better pan clearance on my right side. I may not need to add spacers. Here's hoping the Headman headers fit!
Attached Images

rowdy11 is offline   Reply With Quote