View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 11:56 AM   #49
rowdy11

Re: Lola: My Moon Shot 70 SWB K10

I've been swamped with 2 bedroom and a basement remodel, but still managed so far this month to get some stuff moved forward. I wish I could go even faster.

Tank final paint is done and installed. That's my 16 year old in the pic standing in for my hoist . I finished paint for the high A/C bracket. I'm still in the death throwes of deciding whether to go through with painting the heads black or leaving them an aluminum color. And I need to figure it out quick because it's holding me back on assembling the rest of the engine.

Meanwhile my spidy sense is tingling about the height of this truck intake playing nicely with the firewall. It hit me that I may need to switch over to an LS3 intake. It looks better but I really don't want to because I want the low end torque benefits of the truck intake, because it's stock with this L96, and because I already replaced all the dang fuel injectors and spent so much time cleaning it up!

Lots of body work being done and it's moving at a fast clip. Cab floor is out, and also working on the firewall. Will clean up holes and weld the new vintage air plate directly into the firewall for a cleaner look than bolting it on. Thought the passenger side rocker panel would be in OK shape but after digging in, both the front and rear cab posts that the rocker is connected to are in horrible shape. Just when you think your cab is clean... so we are cutting out and replacing both while the floor is out. This cab won't have a single spot of rust, nor will the body anywhere, when done.

I also made the hard decision to replace the bed floor, after talking over the cost benefit with Maricio vs weld and clean up the entire floor. I'm not of fan of replacing any original metal unless absolutely necessary. Turning out in a few spots that it is. Deep surgery right now...but the patient will come out extremely strong when done!
Attached Images

rowdy11 is offline   Reply With Quote