View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 11:09 PM   #33
kipps

Re: Fuel line recommendations

Sorta off the subject, but relevant to the thread title...

The fuel rails on these engines can be turned around 180 degrees. This puts the fuel inlet on the passenger side facing forward. I'm going to be running 3/8 stainless hardline on the inside of the passenger side chassis. This hardline will be terminated in a -6AN tube sleeve and nut, and a 37 degree flare. I'm using a -6AN (or JIC, they're the same thing) bulkhead elbow fitting. This will go up through the top flange of the chassis, and a locknut is installed to secure it to that top flange. From here, it will be a quick simple hop with AN hose up to a fuel rail adapter fitting on the fuel rail itself.

Routing the hose this way keeps that flex hose up near the front of the engine where it's easier to access for inspection and replacement. I won't have to be digging around on the back of the engine, trying to unbolt a fuel hose clamp from a bellhousing bolt.

Keep in mind that this is on a 4wd truck. It's possible the 2wd trucks don't have a clear spot on the chassis in the right spot to install that bulkhead fitting.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote