View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 01:37 AM   #59
Nick_R_23

Re: 1978 Chevy K20 longbed with nearly 500,000 miles! LS Swap begins!

Wow, TWO updates today!

I picked up a few things I forgot about yesterday, namely fluid for the transmission, a few various sizes of cable routing clamps, and ground straps for the engine to firewall, and engine to frame grounds.

After confirming that my engine to frame strap was the proper length, I put an end on the Terminator X's ground wire.

General routing of the engine to frame strap.

All three grounds installed! The third is the secondary ground for the headlights, from the core support. I also installed a cable clamp and a piece of sticky padding to keep the wires from chaffing on the fenderwell edge.

Installed a clamp on the throttle cable once I was satisfied with the routing.

Installed better looking cable clamps on the Terminator X harness running along the firewall, and also the engine to firewall ground can be seen peeking out behind there.

I installed another cable clamp at the rear of the intake to support the oil pressure and unused knock sensor wires to prevent wire whip. I also put another piece of sticky padding under the knock sensor wire cap to prevent rattling.

And the same for the injector wire connector where it rests against the back of the intake!

And finally, a cable clamp for the MAP sensor wiring.

One thirsty transmission. The SM465 takes 4.2 quarts!

I think I forgot to call this out on the previous post, but a new junction block was installed on the firewall.

The remaining two LED's were installed in the wiper switch and heater control units. The phone camera doesn't pick up the light as well as I would like, but they're very well lit and the light seems to distribute pretty evenly. Bright and white! I can't wait to see what the whole dash will look like with the gauge cluster installed!

Nick_R_23 is online now   Reply With Quote