View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 03:46 PM   #6
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: Rimrocker trail and Blazer Bash in Moab

Since we didn’t end up getting may photos of my own truck on Hell’s I’m thankful others did take some cool shots of mine getting work done on the rocks. Dean from CA in the black K5 with the soft top got a lot of these on Hell’s and shared them with me. Much appreciated to see my truck from a different perspective. So I’m going to get caught up with a series of his shots before we get to hell’s gate on the trail.
This is within the first half mile from the start of the trail. Looking back through Dean’s K5.

Another one from the start.

I can’t get over the scale of this area. There’s no doubt I’ve got a large truck, but the rocks dwarf it in size.

So much pucker factor on this trail that the photos don’t give it justice. The trail leader stopped to spot Ron and I through this spot. I’m part way down in this shot but the drop in was completely obscured by the hood. It’s a complete leap of faith to listen to the spotter and let the foot off the brake. It’s a pucker factor moment for sure.

At a stopping point.

Just a couple of Blazer Campers on the rocks, nothing to see here.

The traction was as reported. Amazing. The way the truck stuck to the rocks boggled the mind as we climbed and decended down without sliding.

Parked along side of one of the hot tubs.

This was the scariest drop we made. Wade had to get in front of us from the hot tub in order to spot us coming down. Just behind where I’m at in this pic had two yellow lines on the rock to point you in the right direction down this hill. You can’t see anything but the horizon from the seat at that point so you don’t know how steep the drop was. To me it felt like standing on the top of the high dive, but not being able to look down. I just had to follow our spotter and creep down slowly.

Ron’s truck coming down. Remember he’s got no low range on this spot and he’s sitting taller than mine by 2-3 inches at least.

Now to get back to the fun on Hell’s gate.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote