View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 05:38 PM   #6
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Re: Project Cowboy Cadillac

Update

I didnt replace the rear main seal before installing the engine sadly it started to leak quickly :/ Not a fun job to do in the truck

Outer Dually rims back from the paint shop just got to get the front ones done and then the inner 2

Bought a new carburator as the old Quadrjet wont work proberly and leaking

Drove it the 15miles from the shop home where it sat for a mounth waiting for a Drive shaft to be rebuild as it was shacking so bad at 30mph

New fuel tank for EFI and had to put it in the bed at home to get it back to the shop as old tank was full of junk

Found a used tail gate not perfect but can be used

New used front lower door cards as the driver side was trashed

New Rear Bumper and hitch as the old one is booger welded to the inside of the frame

Best off all EFI! got a very nice deal on a Holley Sniper setup that a friend didnt like on his hot rod so has maby 5hours of run time
[/url]

Mounted

Standalone Relay and Fuse box for Fuel pump, Holley and Eletric Fan.

HEI Distributor and New leads

Old tank removed

New Fuel Tank and in tank Fuel pump a Decent Walbro pump

New Fuel Pressure Regulator and EFI Fuel Filter

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote