View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #5
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

A few us motored up to Westcliffe Colorado for a new years day run in the snow. Started out having to lock in the hubs on the highway as we climbed the grade up Hardscrabble. About an inch of snow was freshly down and made it just slick enough the K5 was wanting to swap ends on every hairpin turn. Locked them in and slowly made our way up to Westcliffe.

We met up with a couple of guys from work at the gas station up there and we all headed out. 2 TJ Jeeps, 1 Land Cruiser, 1st gen Cummins/Ram, 2nd gen Cummins/Ram and a Tracker. The goal of the run is to make it all the way to a cabin one of the guys with us built up on one of the moutains.

Without further delay...

Not even on the hard stuff yet. Right front tire grabbed the snowbank and then sunk in. I got first stuck for the day.

Climbing in the shade..

View from the cabin- Breathtaking!

Lined up:

Final push to get out before the sun goes down:

All in all it was an excellent run. No major breakage for anybody in the group. Minor disaster was averted with the blue Dodge when he chucked the chain off of the right front wheel and it wrapped around the axle itself. It didn't tear up the brake line as luck would have it. The chain did mangle the inner fender though. I only popped a collector gasket as we listened to it on most of the trail. Got pulled 3 times, pulled the blue dodge a ways and then helped a local rancher by pulling him out when he pulled over to let us by and he broke through.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote