View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
leddzepp

Re: Brothers gets my vote.......

Dudes- I live right down the street from Brothers. It has been hit and miss for me for years with them. They are primarily a mail order company...they NEVER have anything in stock when I go there. They are basically a middle man that takes your order, and has your part drop shipped from the vendor. There is no Q/C on their part at all. I had very good luck there with a rear bumper...but that was in stock and I made sure it was perfect before I rolled out the door with it. Their A/C center vent "upgrade" kit is a joke. Thin 2-piece molded plastic that is not even fully formed, allowing for air to leak freely. I stood at the counter, and looked it over in front of the sales dude. I said to him, "are you serious?" "This is a total piece of crap!" He agreed with me! Solution: Go to home depot and get 2 rubber pipe caps for $3.

I do not buy a whole lot from them. I choose to drive to the Truck Shop in Orange. They have everything in stock ALWAYS. For the most part their Q/C is far and above that of Brothers, and their prices are usually less.

2 weeks ago, I went to Brothers to get a set of metal clips for my upper moulding. They want $45 for it. I went to Truck Shop, and their kit is IDENTICAL for $28. Truck Shop also sells the clips individually, Brothers won't do this. Truck Shop also threw in a few extra in case one broke (which is common)

One good thing I can say about Brothers....they do have the best show on the West Coast for our trucks! I go every year and it is awesome!
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote