View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #70
JEM
Ironmonger

Re: Modding My Cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUISER View Post
Very nice conversion, though. I wish Chevy had made that cluster standard.
It's in, and it works nicely, the lighting level on the gauge is good and consistent with the others, I calibrated the gas gauge and pushed the needle on.

And the Bosch/Guide E-code H4 4703-replacement low beams (http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=4530) and the sourcing-unknown eurolights.com 4701 H7 high beams are in, with real Osram +50 bulbs fed by their separate 30-amp relay-switched circuits, work great.

The Bosch/Guide headlamps were what GM had to use to be able to sell vehicles with the 150mm headlights outside the US, where US-spec sealed beams are justifiably regarded as dangerously bad junk.

And the Vortec heads and 900cfm bored-and-sleeved TBI and the cam and so on, more tuning to be done but it's driveable.

Happy, happy, happy, or at least I will be when I get the bigger fuel pump in there so I can risk WOT. Guess I'm stuck with the thing a few more years.

Now if I could just find a good price on an uncracked blue dash pad...and Western Chassis 2.5in front drop spindles, and a little air for the rear suspension, and there's all the rear-disc hardware on the shelf waiting to go in.

Why do I get myself into these things?

Last edited by JEM; 08-15-2009 at 09:27 PM.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote