View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #54
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip2174 View Post
Good looking truck.

what gas tank did you get from LMC? part number
ThanxWith the gas tank i looked round to find a tank to use to convert it to the rear in between the frame rails. on the blazer tank the filler points to the rear i wanted to find something that goes down thru the top you can get some nice fabricated tanks for 73-87 for 600 plus or you can order the one from lmc for 73-87 500 plus what i ended up doing was going with the 67 model lmc part number 32-5929 there in there for 200 if i tried to put the tank in between the frame rails the tank sat too high{would have hit the bed} and at an angle the frame is angled right there so i made some brakets to equalize that and get the tank to sit level/{not too high}not hit the sending unit on the bed cross brace with the bed in place. i made the brackets drilled and bolted them to the tank and used a jack to lift the tank into place got it where i thought it looked good and tacked them to the frame unbolted the tank. let it back down and finished welding the brackets too the frame the tank is a 17 gallon tank comes with the straps/sending unit the anti squeek the want u to use in between things is regular tar paper the straps were a little too short. the flush mount filler is separate. pros: the price/affordability. cons: the tank sits low. on a stock height street truck it wouldnt bother me on my truck i went as low as i could go without c notching the frame dosent bother me. any lower and youll have problems. on an offroad truck where clearence can be an issue as far as rocks getting up into it youd probably want something that tucks up further with a skid plate or a fuel cell in the back of the bed. also the filler ends up in the center of the bed not sure i like that if i was paying big dollars id probably want it more to the side.
jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote