Thread: 84 c10 stepside
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #66
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

{Step 1.}got the engine/modified Harness today,wow justchevytrucks.com is a busy spot they have alot of chevy truck parts in stock. it might have cost a little more than some deals i could have gotten but these guys have the inside line on many innovations when doing this swap.i was able to keep things pretty complete"stand alone pkg" the engine harness came out awesome completely labled+instructions/diagrams their customer service is awesome/gonna come in handy for sure, very cool to deal with check out some of their rigs http://lsx4u.com/they know every little thing. check out the green jeep powering through the mud hole lots of good mud up there in maine probably bout 45 minutes away from me in nh i still need to get the 4l80e trans that im gonna run im gonna collect all the parts ill need over the next few months but im gonna get everything together i can see i need before hand then do the swap gonna deal with dirty dingos for my motor mounts i like their design and i want to get a new/big radiator with the hose inlet on the opposite side probably run a separate trans cooler out front. gonna need to get an electric fuel pump to make the 55 psi needed to run the motor need to figure out the exhaust got truck manifolds on the motor now probably gonna have clearance issues gonna have to figure out power steering lines/adapt some of the guages/sensors no ac for now, but they were shown me a cool set up for the brackets for it. probably have to do something with the drive shaft/relocate the trans crossmember i decided on the 6.0 cause i was tryn to stay stock so id have less problems and still have over 300hp+ 370 ft pnds of torque even the 4.8 stock would be a noticeable improvement in hp/throttle response/gas mileage over the mild 350 350 trans drive train the mechanic helping me {Victor} JDR automotive in raymond nh has a 99 extended cab we used to go get the new motor today it has the 4.8 the thing screws lots of power yet pretty good gas mileage the 4.8 makes 270-300 horse stock and are alot cheaper than the 5.3/6.0 makes me want to put one into an older patinad rig of some sort but for now im gonna tenaciously attack this 84 stepside project {when work allows} im gonna keep the rig running n driving it till i have everything to get it done. might as well not disable it.the trucks running good as is.ill take some pix as i collect up my parts pile-jeff
jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote