Thread: 28 Model A
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 11:32 PM   #45
Desperado454

Re: 28 Model A

After I had the roof in decent shape I was staring to wonder if id actually fit comfortably in this thing since it's pretty small inside with the 4" channel and 4" chop. So the next logical step was to cut down and install the dashboard and figure out a seat. I'll say now that I got the idea to do the dashboard this way from this guys build on the HAMB: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/t...walter.275112/ . Very cool car, i can only hope mine turns out half as nice. There a picture of the dash earlier in this thread, here it is all cut up:

And all pieced together. I left the hole in the middle because i wanted to run a single din cd player, but afterwards I remembered that its 2016 and that there's other options for tunes. I'll likely fill the hole:

Here it is in the car, I thought i had a better picture than this, must still be on the phone. Ah well:

Those old bomber seats look pretty cool, but for practicality sake i decided to put a bench seat in. The plan was to pick up a caravan one and recover it since they seem to fit so well. Before I went that route though, i decided to pilfer the bench seat out of the 95 chevy truck that's parked out back and see if it was workable. Well other than being 14"(I think) too wide, it had potential so i stripped it down to the bare frame and narrowed it. Did the same to the foam and here it is in that state:

I'm glad i went this route because its comfy, folds forwards, and i managed to retain the sliders all the while keeping my ass fairly close to the floor. I did end up taking another 2" out of the bottom to clear the sides better. Fits good now. Here's one last pic for now of the overall car. I was trying to figure out the steering column and wheel position at this point, but the important thing to mention is that i indeed fit in the car quite comfortably.

'28 Model A Build

-Brooks
Desperado454 is offline   Reply With Quote