Thread: The Wanderers
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 01:31 AM   #2
SuperBuickGuy

Re: The Wanderers

So directly, I bought a 1985 3/4 ton diesel. Semi-float rear, ATS turbo, 6.2 diesel, and wiring done by a subsequent owner that would make gay spiderman proud.... there is also, a mouse in there somewhere to add to the fun.

the PO didn't know what all the buttons did... I'm not sure either

the hard part, the turbo install, looks really good and it has a new, stainless exhaust.

shop is a bit crowded, and a Corvette still has to fit in there..

the first step (beside the brake fix) will be remove all the extra wires

and throw on a spare sent of mud tires

dogs fully inspected the inside, 4 paws up

I think I found the brake problem

notice the terrible PNW rust? yeah, there isn't. but they don't use salt on our roads

something I'd never seen.... GM installed brake proportioning valve. It allows more brake force the further the rear squats... I have a Fiat with that system, but never seen on any GM truck... until now

So the plans, declutter, kill the mouse, clean up the interior, give it a quickie paint job (probably silver with dark blue), add a bed, awning, stove, water tank, electronics, air compressor and welder. It's job is to be backup for my wife's SAR dog carrier (a Jeep), and be my camping vehicle that tows the '40 and provides rescue services if necessary. It also will get an AC system, radios and a SAR-worthy rack on top with ladder and lights. No sat dish or fishing boat on top, though. It may get a dirt bike or two.
SuperBuickGuy is offline   Reply With Quote