View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 05:51 AM   #145
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikid61 View Post
The '73/'74 bottom grill is less busy & cleaner in its layout. A round tube grill seen in my post blends in w/the era & shapes of the grill surround (round headlamps esp). the present grill screams for billet era wheels ('80's-early '90's) seen in pix. Now one more, the black tires & black wheels clash w/the bright white & the new graphics. Chrome silver or even dull aluminum painted upon those steelie's will eliminate this & liven up the scene. Yes, these are my opinions & not a formal critique of what should or should not be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikid61 View Post
Some factory ad's on topic.

Good morning,

Are you not meant to be in bed, sleeping?

I see you are in Iowa, we may be back there again in August or September.

Thank you for the replies and posting up the examples.

I prefer the look of the pre-egg crate grill, but also liked the second one, but being offered a new in the box grille for $50.00 vs LMC $40.00 price, with a friend collecting it...... works for me.

The billet grille fitted on it is in need of refurbishing, it was also painted black at some point, and the previous owner cleaned most of that off.

The wheels are an interesting option that can be edited often as one wants.

Before getting the stainless steel trims the plan was black Centre and Silver Hammerite paint around the edges.

The current black steels to me makes the chrome look more shiny or contrasts, but I will look for pics with silver steelies to see what that looks like.

I love advice, chat, observations on here because I know so little, so happy for any input.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote