View Single Post
Old 09-17-2023, 12:48 AM   #272
beanious

Post Re: 700R4 build thread.

After the my latest 700R4 rebuild I noticed 1, 2 and R had high pressures of up to 300 PSI. 3 & 4 were around 200 when full throttle accelerating, pretty normal.

Yes the TV cable is adjusted correctly, I've rebuild several 700R4-4L60s for vehicles, friends and family.

I tried swapping out the Transgo green spring for a TCI purple and it made no change, the pump pressure valve spring doesn't make that much pressure difference.

Since it was 1,2 & R I figured I'd take a stab at the Reverse Low boost VALVE (RBV) . I was already running a stock style .296 valve.

Since it's a 4WD I'm going to spend time in manual first and second, so I've got to get the pressure back to reasonable, from 300 to around 200 plus.

So to reduce the pressure in 1,2 & R I took .045 off the RBV piston, the nub that faces the spring.

To my surprise it actually worked, it dropped the pressure by about 50 psi at max acceleration.

I'm taking that as about 1 psi per thou off the RBV piston, really glad I mounted a transmission pressure guge and keep an eye on when driving around.

I'm going to drive it for a while and see how the pressures look under different conditions and trans temperatures, I might still take a little more off.

Just wanted to pass on what I learned from the experience.
beanious is offline   Reply With Quote