Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguild View Post
Very nice Vic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CST-V View Post
Just saw this build and quickly scanned all the pictures. Looks like I found tonight's reading. Nice build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
I like the way you did the motor perch. You do good work man. I see now why Brian xeen is alway braging on you. Good luck man.
Thanks everyone! With the truck show in the rearview mirror, I'm in cleanup mode. The rocker arms proved to be even worse than I remembered. Ran a 5/16" ball end mill into the pushrod dimples and then polished them with a Cratex abrasive on the Dremel. The worst one (shown, before and after) still has some porosity in the pocket. There was also another one that had a serious casting flaw near the roller tip. Contacted the eBay seller and one of their service reps said to call their tech line to see if I could get them replaced or maybe exchange the set. Probably not since I modified them, but, what the heck, I'll call tomorrow and see.

Received the GM gaskets for the Vortec heads and they were very nice. They're already installed, so I should be able to set the distributor in tomorrow and install the senders, plugs and etc. At that point, I'll be out of reasons for avoiding bodywork.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote