Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #27
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

I don't have too much progress to report. I abandoned my radiator support repair because I picked up a great rust free one from Perro13 here on the site.
I welded some patches on a couple of small areas of rust-through under my passenger side fresh air vent cover and prepped the area to weld in the rust free vent cover that I got. And I started cleaning and stripping the driver side floor area and rocker to find out what patch panels I'm going to need to pick up. The outer rocker appears to be in great shape. I can probably get away with just some minor patching on it and it will be good. I'm going to remove it, though, to check the inner rocker and the floor section that needs to be replaced. Very little rust through on the floor here but a lot of pitting. My main area of repair on the driver side is the seam area at the floor to firewall junction and a couple of areas above this seam, and a small area in the corner of the floor to kick panel area. I'll try to get some pictures posted up tomorrow.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote