View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 07:34 PM   #80
PBFAB.COM

Re: Low 72 progress pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblueoval View Post
Nathan,
Those shots are exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks for taking them.

Were there any other fit issues besides the a/c compressor? Where is that kit available from?

Man, that looks good in there. I can't wait to start on mine. Is Kyle going to stick with the cast headers or go with a tube header? It looks to be a nice fit with the stock ones. Will a tube header create any clearance problems.
The other post with the drop member in the C-10 has tube headers and I don't think there were any fit issues there so probably just whichever I want to use, right?
The cast headers will be changed over to a tube style at a later date. The Passenger side manifold fits nicley, but the driver's side has some clearance issues at the frame. The frame needs to be notched and then re-inforced for clearance. We will be starting on another Dropmember install on a 71 Blazer shortly. It too will have an LS motor. I have a couple different style of headers to try on it. It will be a Dropmember C4.

The SBC 350 in the C10 has tube headers that fit very nicely. The ones used on Dino's 66 are a Hooker 'universal shorty' for 60's- 94 SBC. I can post up the part number if wanted.

The a/c kit comes from Street and Performance... I am a dealer for them. They also sell the accessory kit for the alternator and p/s pump as well. A little on the spendy side, but very, very nice.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson