View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 04:24 PM   #41
stinsonj

Re: '51 Build w/4bt Cummins

Well after 4 years, we are back at it. The truck has made its way to Texas where we now call home after being in Virginia for the past 3 years.

After getting everything set up in our garage while we wait for a shop to be built, we started tackling repairing as much rust as possible. We started off by welding in cab corners on the inside of the body to preserve the patina that's showing on the outside. It didn't end up perfect but im sure it will work. Right now we are working on the floor pans. The passenger side is the first to come out as it seemed the easiest to start out with. Once we weld in the new panel, which will probably happen this weekend, we will work on the cowel. The patch panels we bought from ClassicParts.com definitely does not fit perfect but its close enough, especially considering it will all be covered with dyno mat and carpet once complete. There is also some rusted out bits on the underside of the cab, right below the cowel that i will either make my own patch for or just leave as is. We are looking forward to being done with the body work as its my least favorite thing to do, mostly since i have no idea what im doing. Uploaded a few pictures but not sure how to rotate them.
Attached Images

stinsonj is offline   Reply With Quote