View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 12:33 AM   #129
gottattooz

Re: 1967 buick special wagon

I spent the day messing with the rear bumper setup. Trying to make brackets to attach it to the car, only to see those brackets are in the way of the exhaust. So I pulled the bumper off, reverse the middle brackets hoping to make more room for the exhaust tips. Swapping the brackets moves them outward about 2 inches.

I found a solid plate of steel that was already powder coated black with a hole in it that was the perfect size for the battery cutoff switch. I trimmed and mounted the plate behind the hinged license plate frame and modified the switch lever to fit inside a fuel cap and found a longer screw to tie it all together.

Then I notched the top corner of the backing plate to mount the jumper cable quick disconnect terminal.

With the bumper back on the car, the exhaust tips still hit the bracket. I'll probably cut the dual tips off at the muffler and extend the pipe below the brackets. I still have to make a valance for below the bumper and tie into the new rear quarter panel pieces I'm making with the door skins and rocker panels.

Josh
Attached Images

2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote