View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 10:16 PM   #13
Oldfashioned

Re: How a C10 purchase turned into insanity and Blazer builds

I jumped ahead a bit. Before I can get Arizona Blazer I have to get the CST off the trailer. I have the CST up and running after 30 minutes. I can’t believe it. Whoaaaa no brakes, I back it off the trailer into a spot at the shop to go get Arizona. I drop Arizona off at the house and come back for CST. She fires right up and wouldn’t you believe it? No forward gears. I have reverse but no forward. So you stopped driving it because of red light cameras? It was backed up under a tree, in a peculiar hard to get to place when I found it in Miami. Sure looked like it would be a lot easier to have driven it into such a tight place forwards. Must be a coincidence? Oh well, had planned on going through the trans anyways. Just makes it a pain to deal with at the moment. Plan is to tear both down to the frame and make one good Blazer out of the two. Will buy all new sheetmetal for Arizona and use every piece I can off of CST. I’ll have the Blazer I want fairly cheap as long as you don’t factor in the blood, sweat and beers. I like to save them so I like the direction we are headed.
Oldfashioned is offline   Reply With Quote