View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 08:17 AM   #1
glredmanii

1969 C10 CST with Camper Restorations - Value

Hello All

I've just bought a 1969 CST with a Camper, long wheel base. It's all original, one owner, in extremely good condition, with owners manual. I had it turned up the day I bought it. It runs perfect, air conditioner and everything works. There was a little (very little) bit of rust on the rocker panel and cab corner on the passenger side. I took it to my restoration guy this weekend to repair these areas. I ordered the rocker panel and cab corner. He's going to paint it, put new trim and molding on it, pull the engine, paint it as well.

What would the pick up sell for now, without painting or any work done?

I am also in the middle of restoring a 1969 Bronco and may have to sell the pickup. I want to make sure I'm not doing anything to hurt my resale value since it was in very good shape when I got it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

Wheels?

I've bought a set of Coker Tires 3 1/4 White Walls (235 75r15). I don't know what type wheels to get? Hub caps? It has the original wheels on it. I lost one of the hub caps while driving it home from the owner. The other three are faded (otherwise in good shape). I'm thinking of having the wheels painted the same color of the truck and buying new hub caps. Maybe the plate looking chrome caps. Any ideas?

Paint?

I'm painting it the original color. Turquoise. I've seen a few that were painted white under the bottom trim. Would this be a bad idea since it wasn't originally this color?

Mirrors?

I like it original, but the minors are bulky. Should I keep them on it or buy the smaller square mirrors. I know most will say, "buy what you like best" but I'm worried about hurting the resale value.

Camper?

I took the camper off and have it stored. I don't plan to put it back on, but if I sell the truck, I'll obviously throw it in. Should I have it painted as well? Would it be worth more with the camper on it?

Lower?

I've have had a few people say it would look better lowered. I would not like it "slammed." But I also think it would look good slightly lower. Opinions?

Last edited by glredmanii; 09-25-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Original Post had a typo in the title "C19"
glredmanii is offline   Reply With Quote