View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #12
Chevyland

Re: 1969 C19 CST with Camper Restorations - Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by glredmanii View Post
I'm not wanting to sell it at this point. I've never restored a vehicle and just don't want to mess this one up. The older gentleman that sold it to me told me it was rare. I don't know if it is or isn't. Except it has 3 gas tanks and It's the first I've seen like it.

If I were to keep it and drive it, I prefer a new, really good paint job over the vintage look. If I keep it the original color, and original paint, does this devalue the truck?

And, the trim was all straight. I kept it. But it was dull and faded. I ordered new trim to add after it's painted. Will this hurt the value?

The carpet inside was "ok" but nothing like new. I ordered new carpet and threw away the old stuff. Except the carpet behind the seat.

The chrome door handles are in good shape, but they have a "bubbled look" in areas. I've ordered new handles, ... same questions...value?

I guess I'm not sure what is meant by "restoring" the truck. My bronco is being completely restored (but it wasn't even close to being as nice when I started). Every bolt, nut, piece of metal restored.

With the pick up, if I keep it "original" color, same trim but new, etc. Does this mean restored? Is it a bad idea?

Engine. The engine runs well. I drove it from Dallas to N. Texas (75 miles each way) twice and it ran like a champ. However, the engine has wear on it like any 48 year old vehicle. Is it a bad idea to paint it? Clean it? Add new gaskets?

Again, this is my first "older" vehicle to start with that is really nice. I don't want to take away from the original aspect, but I also like vehicles that look perfect.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Every thing you have said you
Will do
Or
Have done
To this truck
Will devalue it!!!!!

BUT

It is yours
Do as you wish
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote