View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 01:19 AM   #122
84chevyguyid

Re: 86 chevy crew cab 12 valve swap

So the idea is to not have a budget, just spend, spend, spend! Got a bunch of stuff done the past few weeks. Got the core support cut up and fitted the radiator, intercooler, a/c condenser, and the trans cooler. With a bunch of shifting stuff around, adjusting stuff with the torch, hammer, ect, I finally got everything to fit and clear the grill on the front and the fan on the rear.
James, (COS399) was a bunch of help and after multiple phone calls, and picture text messages from him, I was able to come up with the right combination of first and second gen dodge pieces to make it all work. Ended up using a first gen fan mount and pulley with a second gen fan and fan cutch, radiator, shroud, and intercooler. I got a new parallel path condenser from Rockauto that is a replacement for the condenser in my 87 burb. Its a few inches shorter that the old tube and fin stock condenser so that gave me a little more room to fit the trans cooler next to it. The trans cooler is a Derale plate cooler with 10 an fittings. The tech at Derale says it should be big enough to do the job but I am a little skeptical. Got the intercooler piping tacked together, just got to finish welding the joints.
Attached Images

84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote