View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
Malibu Monte

Longterm 1972 K10 LWB Restoration/Maintenence Thread

This is going to be the long term restoration thread of my 72 K10. This truck was bought by my father in 1991 to be used as a daily driver while he restored his 64 K10 SWB. I was two at the time. Things happened and the 64 got sold, but the 72 stuck around. I grew up in this truck. This was my Dad's daily driver until around 2004. This truck picked me up from day care, took me to school, sports practice, and everything else required of it. It received a single color repaint and trim delete in the mid 90's, but by 2004 it was getting pretty rough. I drove it to high school a little, but a few issues caused it to be parked. I took a corner hard and the rear bumper brackets were so rusty the bumper decided to remove itself from the truck, the bed was so rusty that the taillights seldom worked due to grounding issues. After I was pulled over for taillights three times in one week Dad decided the truck needed parked until money was there to fix it.

The first two pictures here are some of our early times with the truck. It was painted Olive Green and White when we first got it. But on a previous thread I posted the picture of my SPID and found out for sure that it did not originally have the middle painted white.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=696692
Attached Images