View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 05:21 PM   #8
Malibu Monte

Re: Longterm 1972 K10 LWB Restoration/Maintenence Thread

Well it has been a while since I updated as not much has changed since 2020. The truck is still running and I have been driving off and on some. Starting to get sick of the sagging doors, holes in the floor, rusty headers, and lack of cab seal; not a good combo. I sold my long-term hotrod '78 Malibu this last month and have some money to spend on some other projects. I had an internal debate for a few week as to which of my projects would get my attention first. I about decided to focus on my '56 Chevy and '70 Chevelle, but then I drove the truck. I decided that it needs first priority. So this past weekend I roadtripped to the KC area and visited Classic Truck Parts and LMC. I got a lot of the items needed to restore the truck; Full floor pan, front inner fenders, R fender, batt tray, door bottoms, all seals and felts, dashpad, carpet, sill plates, trim, body mount bushings, transfer case bushings, and more I can't think of right now. I have a seat cover on order since they are super backed up right now. Excited to blow it apart and get started on making this a solid truck finally!