View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 04:59 PM   #9
Malibu Monte

Re: Longterm 1972 K10 LWB Restoration/Maintenence Thread

Well after years of talking about it, I have finally started restoring my old truck!
The final motivational push came when I finally found my "dream wheel" a set of 6 lug 15x10 slots. I found a set within driving distance and at an affordable price earlier this spring and got them bought. Just recently I found a set of used 35x12.50x15s and got them mounted up and put on the truck. I went ahead and tried them with the stock wore out mismatched leaf springs and of course they rubbed, but it was enough to see how it was going to look. So on Father's Day I got to work installing the front lift springs that I got when I bought the spare frame. I still might end up and use the spare frame, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and get the springs installed while I was motivated. I was kind of thinking I might would continue to drive the truck as is with the new springs/wheels/tires. But after getting the spring swapped out I was so motivated to work on it I pulled the hood and front fenders off and mocked up my new fenders.
Attached Images