View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 01:56 PM   #1
Guitar.Slave

Stalling at the touch of the pedal...

So far I've rebuilt carb with adjustments to float and metering rod, new fuel filters, new air cleaner, distributer cap, rotor, spark plugs.

Still getting the same issue. Starts great, idles great touch the pedal and it falls on its face. if I tap-tap-tappy the pedal I can get it past the stumble and it responds just fine. when I let it fall back to idle and then touch the pedal it fumbles and will stall if I don't pull my foot off. (touching the pedal as in a toes weight on it).

Was headed to the lake when this started, (then it would take half throttle before stalling on the road). babied it 25 miles towards home (with the issue progressing for the worse) and still had to pay the tow truck for the last 6. Playing with the throttle while cranking quit working.
I have an electric pump, new mechanical is in the box ready to go on tonight with new plug wires.

It had been 24 hours since starting it when I took the carb off for the rebuild, and there was a puddle on the floor of the intake. like some atomization issues or some serious flooding was going on. I think this is a clue (lol)

I haven't pulled the tank to clean it yet, it has a good idle, and idles forever.
I haven't done a vac check, and am wondering if this could be a intake valve issue, or timing (which i'll do tonight with the new plug wires).

carb's a Rochester monojet, remanufactured new 2 years ago. engine is a 292 bored 0.40 overwith Langdon's cast headers. Been running great all winter.
Guitar.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote