View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 10:22 AM   #18
Guitar.Slave

Re: Stalling at the touch of the pedal...

Swamp Rat I'll have to try that. I have it in the middle since it was the only hole with a key. the question is though.

what made this happen while it was driving just fine. could I have cause this with a distributor cap, rotor and spark plug change? when I pulled the plugs the were about 0.020, and I gapped them to the recommended 0.035. I don't have points, but I don't have HEI. Maybe the rotor gets out of contact when the engines shakes from the acceleration? (getting creative as the issue came within 100 miles of a plug change). Could this also be an intake valve issue? just wondering about logical possibilities.

it makes sense its an accelerator pump issue. I'm wondering if this beat up ol remanufacture has seen its days though. I'm considering upgrading. 2barrel weber (if I can get one to flow 350 cfm easy enough), four barrel edelbrock, or TBI. The latter involves a computer and electric pump and I'm taking mine off to simplify the plumbing so unless there is a huge beinfit to tbi then its a no go. I've had great reliability with the roch 1b and no issues on side slopes or the like till now when I get my first water vessel in ten years and we're hitting 85 in march.
Guitar.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote