View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #799
davischevy

Re: SPID Picture thread?

[QUOTE=SS Tim;8264177]Just as a reminder go to Bruceman69's decoder, here on the forum. Link is in my signature.

Make a shortcut and keep it handy. Its always better to look up what a truck "should have" before you go looking than after the fact.

The 000 w/b is very common.
In case you are worried, that is a factory Shortbed Wisdeside VIN/SPID per the model number.

Five lug, Sounds like GM 4x2 rear and Ford 4x4 front axle or outers on a GM front axle. Why bother???

In any event it would be a real good idea to verify the frame VIN too.[/QUOTE

I wasn't worried at all, I knew right away that somebody had put a 4X4 K10 body on a C10 frame. I can assure you the frame VIN doesn't match the cab. The VIN for GMC was what threw me. I wasn't familiar with the Z being model year. I looked at the decoder on my phone while I was there, but I missed the GMC info.

The kid told me he had a 70 GMC CST, so I was pretty sure It was a Frankenstien before I went. The curious part about this whole deal was why would somebody transplant a 4X4 body to a 2 wheel drive frame.

Like I said pics would have made this a lot clearer. I have no interest in the truck at all.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote