View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 01:55 PM   #67
daveshilling

Re: 1958 Apache Big Window Loooooong Bed "Lucky"

August 2020 Update ..thanks Glen.

Once I got the rear suspension sorted out, I did some more staring and figured its time to trust my life to some DIY brake lines. I used the Eastwood-style Made in China Brake flaring tool that works really well and is sold by many vendors (I bought one badged as ARES because it was all black and a few bucks cheaper). It makes flares very easy, practically idiot proof!

I used some old copper line to mock up bends, and used Copper Nickle lines since they bend easily and wont rust. I didnt leave any loops/spring sections, I hope that wont bite me later on, but if so, I can just make a new line.

==========================================

After seeing that I needed to rebuild one of them, I brushed some paint on the front Corvette calipers. The POR15 caliper paint goes on pretty decent, and shows no brush marks. I didn't want to bother with powder coating these, since I may upgrade them later depending on what wheels I end up with.

============================================

I also tossed the sending unit and fuel pump into the Tanks, Inc tank under the bed. The filler neck comes up at an angle, so I need to sort that out, and get some fuel lines done up and sent to the engine bay.

At some point, I took a break to plasma cut some flames for the kids BMX. He is pretty stoked on them.

Questions for the group:

1. Are there any good wheel choices for C4 88-96 suspension besides Vette wheels/Torque Thrust/Wheels that look like Torque Thrust? I need to get something on the front that wont interfere with the big brakes, and something in back that wont require mini tubs... quandry!

2. Did Chevys come with factory optional courtesy lights or are they always add-ons by the owners?

daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote