View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #30
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Re: Brothers strikes again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano69c10 View Post
I like shopping at Brothers (they are local for me), but....
I don't understand how a company this big does not track inventory.
As soon as a customer places a website order, it should tell the customer whether or not the item is in stock or back-ordered, then give the customer the option of cancelling the back-ordered item before they pay.
Logistics is a complicated concept, but now-a-days it seems that inventory tracking software should be able to handle the job.
In the future, I will be calling in my orders.
Just my $0.02
Dano
Hey Dano,

Check thread "2 thumbs up for brothers" I asked the same questions you did and got a answer something like this: Brothers is not large enough a company to have the technology to apply this to their website; they suggested ordering using the phone ...(kinda like we used to do 20 years ago!!!)

I'm not an expert but my corner "ma and pa" hardware store can make about 2 clicks on their computer and tell me not only if they have an item but exactly how many in stock at that moment in time.

If inventory and tracking software is cheap enough for a local low buck store ..you can't tell me that Brother's doesn't have it already.

I still think that it's in their best interest NOT to tell you they don't have something "ready to ship" because they know you might look somewhere else. IMHO
RUSHNBOBO is offline   Reply With Quote