Thread: 55 Chevy C-4
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #143
Az. Hank

Re: 55 Chevy C-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Thanks Hank ..I've got the flatout kit also and if I were using a stock frame Don shows the stock frame rails running on the inside of the flatout crossmember uprights..I noticed you have yours on the outside of the uprights(your 29 5/8" measurement)...if it works ok that would give me another 4" between my rails for header clearance if I can run them outside the uprights..I was concerned about tires hitting the frame rails when fully turned..and that 26" measurement is that inside the collectors or outside the collectors? Thanks..
That is outside the collectors. Our frames are different. The AD trucks mount on the inside like Don said. No the tires don't hit. I have to deliver in Torrance tomorrow then going home for a week. I'm going to stop by Don's shop and pick up a rack that is turned forward on the way home.
I don't think I'm going to get anything done my wife is having the Carpel Tunnel fixed in her left hand and the right one fixed later in the year. She might kill me if I'm out in the garage "playing" and she needs help. LOL