View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #1892
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Run View Post
Sounds like you're starting to get frustrated on the whole bumper thing right now. My suggestion would be to walk away and work on a different part of your truck for a while (because I do the same thing), so you can get some positive mojo going and then go back to the bumper with a clearer head. Good luck, because I love your idea so far
Thanks for the suggestion, sometimes when you're so immersed in the problem of the day, you forget to step back a bit. I have a little project I've had on the back burner for way too long. My nephew gave me a grinder setup that belonged to his late, great Dad. I've been meaning to finish assembling it so I'd have a green stone for sharpening carbide instead of doing it manually. Think I'll burn a day and do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Don't mind me Vic... I was brain dead this morning... I saw the stepside when you Brought CRLS home and... Well nevermind... Stupid is as stupid does...
That's quite alright, Dan. You and Jan have so much on your plate at any given time, it's a wonder you have time to keep up with forum stuff.

Made a few adjustments to the bumper today and some decisions about how to proceed. One last time, I split the center cut in the license plate area and tacked it to let the ends of the bumper come up slightly. I now have a 1/2" gap outboard and 7/16" in the center. I'll be able to make that work so it will never be noticed. I also trimmed and split the corner of the end piece to align it better with the fender. I still have some hammer and dolly work to do. The back edge will follow the edge of the gap I'm creating on the fender. More to come after I take a little break.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote