View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 10:45 AM   #2900
mikebte

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
You know the real funky part of my dropped axle story? Back a number of years ago a co-worker bought an AD truck. A super nice driver and it had a dropped axle and five lugs. One day I asked him if I could drive it and it drove SOOOOOOOO nice, OMG it drove soooo nice. I came back to work convinced I didn't need my Camaro clipped frame that I had made years before (yeah this truck has been apart for 30 years) and I traded the camaro clipped frame for a stocker and I was going to do what I am doing now, done deal. Well a year or so later my co-worker fell into modding his truck and removed the dropped axle! He told me I could have it all for free. Front axle, tri-five rear end, the whole bit. Right on, one problem the MORON who had done his swap (it sucked by the way, he has had nothing but problems with it since) had a shop FULL of crap (hoarder, how he makes a dime is beyond me) and MY axles were buried at the back of the shop with cars a few inches part in front of them so I couldn't get to them!
I went to the shop for months over and over to get them and never could. Next thing you know about a year later another co-worker got an AD and the first guy gave HIM my frigging axles! WTH? He went and got them and brought them back to the shop. I ended up getting the rear axle (will be running it in my truck) and he took the dropped front one home.
This was a number years ago, 5-10 years. I have tried to get that dropped axle all this time, he has never used it. I offered him good money for it, no, his brother was going to use it. Well, he is out of work from an injury,has been a year or more and he comes by every once in a while and I ask him about it EVERY TIME. He needs to ask his brother he would say. I know he needs money bad and I have told him I would give him a bunch for it.
Last time I saw him I told him in a few days I would be sending mine, so find out if you can sell that one!

Well, a week after I sent my axle to SID's I get a text from him asking me if I want it! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Brian, sorry if I have posted this before.
Great story! Sucks that people often wait too long before letting stuff go to waste.

When I was in sales I would have stuff that would sit and not sale. I would mark it as SOLD online and people would come out of start calling wanting to know if it was still available. I have no clue how the human mind works, but its confusing.
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote