View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 11:48 AM   #6
Keystone_Hate

Re: Definitive answer for I6 to SBC 350 swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedemon View Post
I just did this swap 250 l6 to 350 I had to change mounts the factory ones didn't fit I used the tubular ones I really like them better than the factory . from what I understand the motor can be mounted in either the front or rear but if you use the front a factory fan shroud and clutchfan will fit perfect . if you use the rear holes your going to have fab work to get it to work . I used a t400 auto trans from a 3ott so I had to change that mount as well I am unsure about your standard
[QUOTE=randy500;7938186]The engine will bolt up with no modifications at all to the 250 6 cyl frame stands but not the 292 frame stands. If I remember right the rubber engine mounts from the 6cyl are the same as V8, so remove and install those too.

QUOTE]

I appreciate everyones input but this is what I am talking about. One says they work, one says they don't. Also mentioned in another reply is a different trans crossmember, which is another thing that's confusing me. I guess this is gonna have to be trial by fire for me to figure this out. It just seems that this swap has been done SOOOOO many time that there would be a unanimous decision as to what works and what doesn't.
Keystone_Hate is offline   Reply With Quote