View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #28
floyd

Re: So I bought this K5 that someone started to convert to 2wd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT TONY View Post
Looks really good, and you're spot on about the wheel base; neither wheel sits center on mine and it bugs me greatly!

Oh yeah....orange? Sweet!
I looked at alot of pics and read a bunch of build threads and it doesnt seem to matter if its a real 2wd(with the factory coil rear suspension) or a converted truck like mine(leafs) in the rear....they arent even close to centered and the lower they get the more it shows. I even went as far as to put the front 2wd crossmember as far forward as possible(there is just enough room for the steering center link to clear the crossmember and not hit it...) in an effort to center the fronts as well.

I like the orange on your truck alot but in an effort to keep this one as budget as possible a complete vinyl wrap costs me about $400(not counting the top...) in material...and the install is free(isnt building your own stuff free labor..... )
The bonus with using a matte finish vinyl it is pretty good at hiding small imperfections in the body...

heres the color Im thinking of...(with coys c5 chrome wheels 22s rear,20s front)

http://autovinylsolutions.com/3M_108...m_matte_orange
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote