View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #80
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pics of your truck in the snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by All#sMatching71GMC View Post
Does this count? lol Hey, this old girl hasn't been given a good look by anyone else in a long time! It's my Dad's, and starts every time he needs it. It has been getting harder to shut the door tho! lol And for that, she still deserves some lovin' along side her kin!
This pictures are some of the best yet! Well,I got my wish yesterday. It was supposed to rain,but start out s sleet mid-morning,due to being below freezing shortly,then warm enough to rain. Well,that didn't happen. Nothing happened all morning,it never warmed up as much as they said,and in the early afternoon it started straight-up snowing and didn't stop till we have 3-4". Rod guys were off for the holiday or just because the day after Christmas is supposed to maybe bring snow. The roads were not prepped at all and once it started sticking to the road it got real slick. I made it home,finally,and had just fed the woodstove when my daughter called from just off the state hwy needing a rescue. You could drive 100 miles just fine,but when you drop into my valley it's another story. It's big hills down to get in and big hills up to get out,any way you go.Then,we are the last to see a plow. She had started down the hill and realized she would end up sliding all the way down the hill in here Beetle conv. There were cars all over the place,ahead of her,behind,and on the uphill side. It's a 5spd and I tried to take it down a bit to a driveway. That went pretty well,so I got it down the hill and walked back up to my truck. What a mess!
So,here's my '72 in a short video:

>>> CLICK IT <<<
V V V V V V V V V V

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-26-2012 at 09:37 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote