View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 03:45 AM   #276
ORNG71K5

Re: How about some pics of 69-72 Blazers and Jimmys.

hey guys, new to the site. just bought myself a 71 k5 blazer a few weeks ago. im 15 and ive lived in atlanta GA my whole life. my dad has a yet to be restored 72 c20 but other than i probably havent seen more than 4 other first generation blazers in my life. i used to want a first gen bronco but that changed while on my way back from the beach when i saw a topless red first gen k5 blazer. i didnt know what it was but i was absolutely in love. the moment i got back, i got on craigslist in search of my dream car. after a year and a half search with no luck i finally found the one in naples FL. I called my dad and he got the price down to 5500 and we bought it sight unseen 2 days later. almost couldnt send the check fast enough. a week or so later my dad flew down to naples and drove all the way back up to atlanta. he had just arrived at 12 am on a school night, i looked out my window and there he was revving my orange blazer, probably one of the happiest moments of my life.

here are a few of the pictures taken by the seller.

since then ive been spending hours after school working on it(dont have a wife but the girlfriend definitely doesnt like it when i dont spend that time with her). it now has the hard top on it. i removed the mud flaps, replaced the bumpers with original chrome ones(although still waiting on the front bumper brackets to put that on), stripped the entire interior, and just about done with grinding out all of that crappy grey bedliner to get it line-x sprayed. i also got new seats.

i will take more pictures this weekend to show you what all ive done

plans
hopefully ill have the line-x sprayed and the seats reupholstered and in by the end up april, which is when ill turn 16. as far as the interior, the black and orange isnt doing much for me so my color scheme will be orange and white, and maybe even some tan, especially since i plan on getting a tan softopper eventually. as far as the exterior, i need to get a new serpentine system, a new grille(billet??), and when i have the money probably a 3" or 4" lift and one day put some 35"s on it. other than that there isnt much else, and the paint is suprisingly good

anyways tell me what you think.. as a 15 year kid im not exactly an expert
by the way my friends have been doubting my dreams of a 40 year old blazer but man are they jealous when they saw it. "that is seriously so cool"
Attached Images

ORNG71K5 is offline   Reply With Quote