View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 11:45 PM   #174
billetproofcustoms

Re: The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Factory Correct Restoration Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodly View Post
Cool truck! Is that original paint?

Here's a second vote for a pic of that turquoise 283! Unfortunately, some of those threads about engine color that you refer to contain a lot of dubious information from long ago (2009!) when less was known about some of these originality details. What a lot of folks assumed (or still assume) was original really wasn't... like decals on both valve covers, etc. I'll defer to 60-66 and factorystock on this topic but I sure haven't ever seen an original-paint 283 in these trucks that was anything but gray.

Speaking of turquoise 327s, for some reason unknown to me I've only ever seen a handful of original-paint turquoise 327s in survivor trucks. Not sure why that is. I've seen significantly more gray 283s for some reason. Don't know if they just didn't make many 327s or they just didn't survive well. I'd love to see some more original paint hi-torque 327s!
thanks, no it is not original paint, it is a bad overspray job done back in 1991, it was an attempt at a match, but its not really even close, there are plenty of spots on the truck that show the original paint, it was the 2 tone turquoise poly with the white roof. it will be properly restored hopefully next year, in the mean time, I just want to "freshen it up" and drive it.

I will try and post some engine pics soon.
billetproofcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote