View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 12:10 AM   #4
lot204

Re: Change of Plans 65

The first thing I decided to take care of was the inner and outer rocker panels. I wont go into too much detail, Gibson63 (https://youtu.be/n3X4f-r44-g) on YouTube does a great explaining the process. What I will tell you is at this point I was really naive about aftermarket parts and how much you need to modify them to get them to fit right. Both the front and rear of the outer rocker panel needed to be cut and welded together to fit right around the contours door posts. Also the bottom section of the inner and outer rockers didn’t seam to align to do the spot welds. They could have added 1/8th inch of material on the bottom of the inner rocker panel for the two panels to meet. I’ll just going to clamp and bend the outer panel up and I should be ok. On the drives side I may need to weld a little material in. The last picture is of the drivers side, it is shorter on one end then the other, I’m not sure this is a common thing of I just got lucky.

No longer naive about aftermarket parts…. They are a great starting point, but you’ll have to work them to get them to fit right.

lot204 is offline   Reply With Quote