View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 04:41 AM   #49
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

LOL!
Well...it moved unded it's own power.
I clocked out at 8:30 tonight, and I'm just getting home now. (3:00 A.M.)
After installing a new starter, stabbing an distrbutor, fabbing some pats to make the newer style carrier bearing work, adding a couple gallons fuel, fabbing an alluminum fuel pump block off plate and installing a temparary electric unit...I was able to start it up. (Bummer I don't have an upper rad hose huh?) Bolted up the power steering pump, dumped 5 qts of dextron in the tranny and started it again. Put it in gear and it jumped forward...this is about the time I re-discovered that there is a hyd leak in the brake system.
So for now I am happy with a couple inches of movement.
The carb is acting up. Stock quadrajet is acting like the needle valve....or maybe the float, is not letting fuel in all the time.
So tomorow the plan is to set the timing, plug up all the vac ports, wire in the fuel pump properly, (relay) hook up upper rad hose and fill with coolant, maybe bleed the brakes and maybe tke it around the parking lot a little.

The tow bar deal really has me ticked off. I sold the one I got from wall mart when i sold the GMC. Wall Mart no longer carries tow bars.
So i check out e-bay and find one rated for 5000 pounds (instead of 3000 like the wall mart one) and this new onw is foldable instead of a fixed A frame....blah blah blah. Got it to my door for 75 bucks.
Now it is junk. I might be able to weld up the mounting point (which is where it broke) but none the less...I shouldn't have to do that.
Thank goodnes I ALWAYS run around the neighborhood and tripple check the bar before hitting main roads. That coulda sucked.

Either way...even though I am p!ssed..I am still happier than a puppy wit two peckers!
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote