View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 09:52 AM   #10
Mike Culpepper
Red

Re: Vintage air A/C installation

Dano,
It's been a while since I did my install, which relays are you talking about? If it's the ones under the dash, I don't remember exactly where I put them, but I can look tonight.
I had a VA dealer purge my system, so I'm not sure of the details, just used one of the red little A/C vaccuum pumps-think harbor freight even sells them.
My dealer said to add 2 cans no more- no less(normal small size of freon can), not sure of the volume--maybe 8-12 ounces????.
I ordered the hoses (suction and discharge)without specifing a length, that way it gave me more leeway to route the hoses the way I wanted.m Note you have to have someone that can crimp the hoses for you (any A/C guy MAY be able to do this-not sure). As for the heater hoses I think that it is approx. 18" from the firewall to the wheel well where I put the hot water shut off vlave. I don't remember if this was a pre-determined length, or if I just put it where it was convienient?????
Let me know if I can take any pics that would help.
Mike

"The sun don't shine on the same dog's ass all the time." - Catfish Hunter (commenting on why he was not able to pitch another perfect game).