View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 10:43 PM   #11
Thunder Head

Re: Your Trucks Past History

Oh man....where to start. My truck is a 68 Chev shortbed stepside. My grandfather bought it almost new. He used it to haul firewood. I remember riding in it when my father would borrow it and he would complain about the manual steering. When the wood rotted my dad welded a steel plate in the back. At some point my grandfather loaned the truck out for another friend to see someone else s lady. Well the man of the house came home. That explains why there was a bullet hole beside the back window....6 inches to the right and it would have been bad. The truck was sold to two brothers. They had it repainted and the interior redone. They were hauling two motorcycles in the back and for some reason hit a telephone pole at an angle going backwards and damaged the drivers door and cab. They sold the truck as it sat, wrecked. About a year later the new owner had it for sale, I tried to buy it but I could not afford the price. He eventually sold the truck. Another year goes by and I see an add in the paper. Wrecked 68 Chev. I bought the truck (1988) and started to disassemble and weld replacement cab panels where it was wrecked. About a year into the build, divorce came to visit. The truck sat disassembled until this year (2008) I got tired of looking at the truck in the shape it was in and how much dust had settled on it. My goal this year was to see it assembled and painted. As of today, it has a new coat of paint, new oak flooring, new windshield and the interior/seat will be completed this week. Oh, as I tore the truck down, the lead from the bullet was in the bottom of the cab. I cant wait to drive it.
Thunder Head is offline   Reply With Quote